Job Title: Business Operations Specialist
Employer: Husky Express Corporation d/b/a "Garment Valet"
Location: Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Type: Full-time, experienced
Required Travel: Domestic travel throughout the U.S. and international travel on an as needed basis depending upon where the business expands and establishes other operations
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Management Science, Operations Research or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable)
Background of Business: Garment Valet offers superior, eco-friendly quality laundry and dry cleaning services through sophisticated software that allows customers to place orders online, track orders, indicate custom cleaning preferences, and receive orders the following day with direct delivery to residences. Garment Valet has been recognized for its efficient business model and exceptional customer service. Garment Valet's main customer base is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Work with senior managers and decision makers to develop plans and processes to improve business operations, align senior leadership, expand business beyond Boston, Massachusetts, capitalize on target markets, and implement solutions to business problems and limitations;
- Analyze sales data, department budgets, business expenses, and business assets to conceptualize sales growth and business projections. This involves identifying and evaluating existing constraints on sales and making detailed recommendations to management on how to achieve business objectives through increased sales and decreased expenses;
- Explore potential business partnerships and other opportunities, and play a key role reporting to senior management the value of the opportunity taking into consideration market strategies, deal requirements, revenue and sales potential, and return on investment;
- Collaborate with senior management on developing negotiating strategies for potential business partnerships and other opportunities;
- Examine risks to business and develop business risk models to measure various internal and external factors that could jeopardize the business and its expansion plans;
- Make observations on current systems utilized by business and identify operational issues; specifically operational shortfalls in comparison with competition and industry trends;
- Conduct market research and analysis by investigating the relevant market, such as competitive offerings and prospect needs as well as the company's market share;
- Develop marketing campaigns for new products and services, which includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each campaign;
- Assist with generating product development ideas and perform feasibility studies and establish business plans for new product development;
- Develop evaluation processes and models to assess contributions/effectiveness of senior management;
- Develop mathematical or simulation models to assign numerical values to specific expansion strategies and potential revenue streams; and
- Support the mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior of company.
In addition to holding a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Management Science, Operations Research or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable), candidates must have at least 4 years of daily business operations experience.
Business operations experience must include:
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience helping establish business objectives and facilitating business growth by conducting extensive market research and analysis, negotiating contract terms with customers and third parties (such as business partners and vendors), and drafting business plans that identify the major markets, how the business will distinguish itself from the market competition, how the business will generate sufficient revenue to support steady growth, and how the business will overcome projected issues;
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience preparing and analyzing financial statements of business and determining budgets for business departments, including providing overall direction and guidance on accounting and financial matters for business units;
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience developing successful approaches for sales growth;
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience coordinating implementation of programs and procedures to meet business goals and achieve strategic objectives, including overseeing smooth and efficient business operations;
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience creating detailed proposals, including project plans and pricing structures;
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge of business establishment, including a demonstrated understanding of the relevant tax considerations, liability considerations, and options on how to register a business (such as: Incorporation, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, etc.);
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge of risk mitigation and modeling, value creation, and corporate legal considerations;
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge of business management strategies and procedures; and
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge of financial management considerations in a corporate environment.
TO APPLY: Email resume to email@example.com